We’ve collected some useful hacks that could help you spice up your dating profile and start getting more matches:
1. Profile pictures
- Make sure your first couple of photos stand out. They say image is everything—this is so true! You have only a few seconds to make an impact. 90% of the time, people don’t look past the first photo. So, if you’re not looking your best in the first profile photos, you are going to lose out on first impressions.
- If you want to get more matches, take good quality photos. Your smartphone camera is probably good enough. Ask a friend to take a few photos of you!
- Make sure your first photo is a casual one, out somewhere on the streets, in which you look your absolute best. Keep the second one a little formal, preferably a picture of you in social gatherings. In the third one, you can show the ‘healthy’ side of you. But, no bathroom selfies, please.
- Avoid group photos. If she can’t tell who you are, she won’t choose you. Plus, you don’t want to be the person with the cute friend.
2. Fill out your bio
- You may lose matches because you were too lazy to fill out the bio.
- Use the space to say something witty and show the smart and funny side of you.
- You may also say a few words about the person you are looking for.
3. Send the first message
- According to some social studies, only 8% of women and 25% of men will send the first message. Almost 70% of matches won’t go anywhere because nobody wants to send the first message.
- Send personalized messages. If you want to improve your odds, show her that you’ve actually taken the time out to see her pictures or read her bio. A tailored message will increase your response rate.
- Dating is just like public relations and marketing. You need to optimize everything for a higher conversion rate. The first few words are the first impression, so choose wisely. You want them to be different and give a good impression.
4. Be active and patient
- Just like any social network, to increase your popularity, you should be active. If you want to find the love of your life on a dating site, make sure you reply messages in less than 12 hours.
- If someone doesn’t reply to your message right away, don’t remove them from your favorites list. Maybe they’re busy, sick or out of the country? Just like in real life, if you stick around long enough, most likely you will get the reward, because everyone else is gone. Dating is a marathon, not a sprint.
6. Use lists
- If you find an interesting person, add them to your favorites list. It is the best way to organize all your matches!