Do women have it a lot easier than men, and do attractive people in general have it the easiest? It’s hardly the unsolved question of the century.
Jon Millward decided to back up hypotheses with facts and did a very interesting dating experiment. He created 10 fake online profiles with similar sounding usernames, with the same profile data, personal stats, level of education, etc. The only difference was that each account had a different photo of a man or woman of varying attractiveness.
And here’s what actually happened after 4 months:
• The women as a group received over 20 times more messages than the men.
• The two most attractive women received 83% of all messages.
• The two most attractive women probably would have received several thousand more if their inboxes hadn’t have reached maximum capacity.
• It took 2 months, 13 days for the most popular woman’s inbox to fill up. At the current rate it would take the most popular man 2.3 years to fill up his.
As you see from this experiment, men online face extreme competition with other men in getting noticed by women, especially the very attractive women. So, what’s the best possible message a man could send to stand out from the crowd and wow the woman?
The message needs to:
• Demonstrate creativity, intelligence and a great sense of humor
• Be totally different to anything she may have received before
• Be obviously unique and not a cut-and-paste job
• Show that I’ve read her profile and absorbed facts about her
• Not be needy!
It’s in your best interest to make sure your messages are really well-considered, creatively-constructed and demonstrative of your intelligence, humor and lack of neediness.